Super Motard - Event #1

1 reply to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted September 17, 2000 - 01:40 PM

Good morning all,

Well, the weekend was long and very tiring.

Neil (Splint) and I drove upto Wollongong Saturday morning. About a 10 hour trip hauling a large trailer. Afterall, it is all uphill.. :)

The event was on Sunday. There were a total of about 40 competitors from MX, SuperBike, FlatTrack and Hackers. The top three riders on the day were:

1. Eddie Warren. Yes, the American ex-supercross and motocross champ
2. Shawn Gyles - Current Australian SuperBike champ I believe (tipped to race WSB) and former MX champ
3. Mitchie. Running a shagged out ROAD rear tire before the race even started. No notable successes, yet... :D

I will write a story some time tonight for your reading pleasure..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 17, 2000 - 11:17 PM

Yes, it certainly was a great day, and for any of you blokes who haven't seen super-motard I recommend that you go out and see it, I can't believe the amount of slide and pace these bikes got on a tight go-kart track, I'm thinking of giving it a go my self just because of the sheer fun factor( and your bike stay pretty clean too!)it truly is URBAN MOTORCROSS, thanks Mitch. :) :D
P.S. here's that web site I told you about check it out for helmet cams and national events etc.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.