Ambulance- Problems

3 replies to this topic
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted September 07, 2000 - 10:28 PM

I was riding at the LACR mx track in Palmdale tonight. About 7:30 a young rider takes a hard fall. I got to the accident a minute or two afterwards. He was unconscious and lying in a very unnatural/painful looking position. There were plenty of riders to help and no one tried to move him or anything.

But then the medical team showed up. The medical team consisted of 2 very young/inexperienced-looking ladies. I might stand corrected on this the way it looked from my position. They weren’t sure which hospital was closest. After debating this, they called a hospital and they attempting to describe the location and cross streets etc. All the while this rider is just lying there. It took about a ½ before the official looking paramedics showed up. Another ½ hour to 45 minutes and the rider was air transported to a hospital. I was shocked. It seems like the track and medical personnel would have an action plan ready to put into place immediately. This probably isn’t the first time and certainly should be considered. I couldn’t believe it.

Harold

• Matt_Porritt

Posted September 08, 2000 - 02:02 AM

We get the same thing here mate.
We have St Johns which are a volunteer ambos.
They can't do much really.. can't even tend to a dislocated shoulder or anything... its cuts and bruises.
Its bad but better than nothing I suppose.

A rider down is always a bad thing.. no matter who it is........

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted September 08, 2000 - 08:03 PM

I was there also, and heard that he had bleeding from the ears and that he was unconscious for some time. I hope it wasn't bad.

Scott F

• Matt_Porritt

Posted September 09, 2000 - 02:32 PM

Any bleeding from the ears is bad.. :)

Then again I have seen in sprint kart racing a guy flip and his helmet come off when he hit the ground.
Bleeding from ears, convulsing, Uncon... turned out to be fine afterwards.

heres hoping aye.....

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.