• martinfan30

Posted August 18, 2007 - 09:46 AM

that is one bad ass pig!!:worthy: :thumbsup:

• FZ1426

Posted August 18, 2007 - 10:47 AM

I think I need some beer goggles.

• pookiebear

Posted August 18, 2007 - 12:53 PM

(British accent) Gentlemen.... THIS IS THE WAY. Good Job old chap.

One word on the pod filter: see if you can get a piece of radiator hose to go between the pod and the carb to smooth the turbelence down (I heard it makes a difference). I am going to try it on my dr350 here in a few days to see what kind of difference it makes.

• FZ1426

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Right. Well then. If you wanted it to run tits you'd jolly well better leave the air box fitted.

• DenialDeath

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:11 PM

Right. Well then. If you wanted it to run tits you'd jolly well better leave the air box fitted.

The FCR's do pretty well with clamp on airfilters. It is the CV carbs that are a major headache.

If you look at the flattrack bikes (crf's and such) they have clamp on filters.

• DenialDeath

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:13 PM

(British accent) Gentlemen.... THIS IS THE WAY. Good Job old chap.

One word on the pod filter: see if you can get a piece of radiator hose to go between the pod and the carb to smooth the turbelence down (I heard it makes a difference). I am going to try it on my dr350 here in a few days to see what kind of difference it makes.

I've got about another 6 or 7 cm to play with behind the filter so I am going to make an aluminum pipe fit inbetween the carb and filter to lengthen the intake track. It should allow higher intake velocity and more room for things to smooth out.

• martinfan30

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:25 PM

The FCR's do pretty well with clamp on airfilters. It is the CV carbs that are a major headache.

If you look at the flattrack bikes (crf's and such) they have clamp on filters.

you are correct sir.

my fcr runs perfectly with the pod filter.:thumbsup:

• desert4seat

Posted August 19, 2007 - 04:28 PM

(personally) I’m not really into motard’d L’s but DAMN… THAT THING IS F-ing BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great Job!!! I love the lines!
I’d love to take it for a spin…I’m sure it’s completely different than my mostly dirt oriented L.
I know it’s a dumb question, but does she run as good as she looks? Do those small tires put the weight closer to the ground? Did you weigh the bike (before and after)??? I’m dying to know how much you shaved off (weight wise).

Great Job! :worthy:

• DenialDeath

Posted August 19, 2007 - 07:01 PM

(personally) I’m not really into motard’d L’s but DAMN… THAT THING IS F-ing BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great Job!!! I love the lines!
I’d love to take it for a spin…I’m sure it’s completely different than my mostly dirt oriented L.
I know it’s a dumb question, but does she run as good as she looks? Do those small tires put the weight closer to the ground? Did you weigh the bike (before and after)??? I’m dying to know how much you shaved off (weight wise).

Great Job! :worthy:

Thanks for the compliments! She runs great for a pig! Basically it is all stock except for the slipon and the FCR carb. Smog is removed too. It could be a lot faster. If I had another $500 or so to throw at it I'd get a header, cam and high comp piston.
With the suspension and the wheels and tires set up the way I have it and being able to get all the way forward due to the new narrow and flat seat, it is the best handling and most fun bike I've ever ridden. I never weighed it when it was stock, I've had the bike since '02 and it has been through several variations. I plan on taking it to the scales next week to see how much she weighs.

• Fracture

Posted August 27, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hey just a couple questions for you - did you mod the stock fuel tank (and how?), and are those 02-07 CR rad shrouds on the tank? EDIT - Nevermind, I see you stated that the plastic is 02-07...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DenialDeath

Posted August 27, 2007 - 10:48 PM

Hey just a couple questions for you - did you mod the stock fuel tank (and how?), and are those 02-07 CR rad shrouds on the tank? EDIT - Nevermind, I see you stated that the plastic is 02-07...

Yes the stock tank is modified. I cut the top off and fabricated a new top half (used a crf450 tank as a model) It now holds about 1.8 gallons.

• DenialDeath

Posted August 28, 2007 - 09:04 PM

Bike is for sale. Make me an offer.
more info here

http://www.supermoto...5223#post375223

• DenialDeath

Posted September 05, 2007 - 03:55 PM

$3900

• DenialDeath

Posted October 13, 2007 - 11:11 AM

Parting out the supermoto setup and forks, pm me for prices

• gnfreak

Posted October 13, 2007 - 02:08 PM

wish i would have seen this thread a couple of weeks ago. i'm up in Normal and am trying to convert my 98 xr600 with 18" rims. what are you asking for the supermoto setup? may have to travel down the road and see this beast.

• Maroast

Posted October 13, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Parting out the supermoto setup and forks, pm me for prices

PM sent!

• DenialDeath

Posted October 13, 2007 - 08:19 PM

Forks and trees to fit XR600/650L $200 + shipping

Caliper and bracket for CR/CRF forks $250 + shipping

Rotor for CR/CRF 6 bolt $150 + shipping

Wheels and tires $900 shipped

• DenialDeath

Posted October 14, 2007 - 12:30 PM

Everything sold

• DenialDeath

Posted November 16, 2007 - 12:34 PM

parting out the motor and frame now

• DenialDeath

Posted November 21, 2007 - 10:59 AM

Parting Out

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.