rim locks

2 replies to this topic
  • drz42

Posted August 12, 2007 - 08:30 PM

I have an 07 wr450 and like that it has two rims locks. however when i dont have time to take it to the shop to change tires i have a terrible time dealing with both bead locks. has anyone taken one out or is that a bad idea, thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted August 13, 2007 - 12:20 AM

it's ok to remove one if you don't want to have two.

• dustinw

Posted August 13, 2007 - 06:02 AM

I just changed my first dirt bike tire last week on my 07 450, and I didn't think the two locks really made any difference to changing than one lock. The rim locks do make it tougher than having no locks, but I don't think two of them make it any harder than one does.

I spent quite a bit of time figuring out the whole system, tube, tires, rim locks. But now that I know how it all works, changing the tires will be pretty quick.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.