yz426????????

33 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted August 15, 2007 - 01:40 PM

I've been kicked in the foot by big singles (some of them really big) that most of you have never heard of.

The YZF's don't kick back very often, but when they do, it can be just unbelievably brutal. My '03 very nearly broke my foot right through my A-Stars one day. :foul:

It's a good idea not to start them in street shoes of any kind.

• Burtis_21

Posted August 15, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Yeh he was wearing street shoes.......

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted August 16, 2007 - 05:13 AM

I've been kicked in the foot by big singles (some of them really big) that most of you have never heard of.

The YZF's don't kick back very often, but when they do, it can be just unbelievably brutal. My '03 very nearly broke my foot right through my A-Stars one day. :foul:

It's a good idea not to start them in street shoes of any kind.

I had mine kick back once when i was learning the starting procedure. I swear it felt like a car hit the bottom of my foot and was close to throwing me over the bars. Took me really off guard. That was the day I wanted the 450 Ecam best decision I've ever made.:applause:

• grayracer513

Posted August 16, 2007 - 07:27 AM

I had mine kick back once when i was learning the starting procedure. I swear it felt like a car hit the bottom of my foot and was close to throwing me over the bars. Took me really off guard. That was the day I wanted the 450 Ecam best decision I've ever made.:applause:

The old thumpers and V-twins had such heavy flywheels and low reduction starter drive ratios that they kicked back like you had stepped on a big spring; just a huge push, no impact.

When mine kicked back, it was like being shot in the bottom of the foot. :eek: :censored:

• Burtis_21

Posted August 16, 2007 - 07:35 AM

The old thumpers and V-twins had such heavy flywheels and low reduction starter drive ratios that they kicked back like you had stepped on a big spring; just a huge push, no impact.

When mine kicked back, it was like being shot in the bottom of the foot. :eek: :censored:

When you say old thumpers does that include 2003 yz450f's.........

• grayracer513

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:21 PM

When you say old thumpers does that include 2003 yz450f's.........

:lol: :smirk: That's funny.

No. I'm talking about stuff built well prior to 1970, like a 500cc BSA Golstar, a 600cc Matchless Typhoon, a 750cc Lundin Lido, or a 1000cc Norton 19S, all single cylinder 4-strokes. Just to name an assortment.

• Burtis_21

Posted August 16, 2007 - 03:56 PM

Oh i did'nt know i've rode two-strokes all my life.... as you can tell...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 16, 2007 - 04:01 PM

I told you you'd never heard of them.

Most people's sense of history starts at their own birthday.

• buzzgrizz

Posted August 16, 2007 - 06:42 PM

every time you kick your bike you have to use the comp release. the starting routine is not hard(even on a hill)

true have done it many times

• jhawker21

Posted August 17, 2007 - 10:48 AM

Was kicking over my newer 02 426 and punched a hole right through my Nike Shox like they were butter. I bruised the bottom of my foot and it was a bit hard to walk normally(ha, every day thing for me) for a few days. I now put my riding boot on just to start it in the driveway cause I thought I punched all the way to bone when it kicked back.

Only happened once, but the thought of it makes me remember to use proper equipment when playing with my toys!

Take care!!!

• Burtis_21

Posted August 17, 2007 - 11:55 AM

I better get use to wearing boots then becuase i always go out and start up my kx 250 with street shoes on......

• newfieyz426f

Posted August 18, 2007 - 10:45 PM

:prof: o be 100% honest, the decompression is a huge advantage if u ask me, you dont have to worry about anyone you dont want using your bike when your not around , like brothers or anything , or when u want to watch someone try and start, it can be quite funny ahaha :busted:

• dmoney1074

Posted August 19, 2007 - 02:53 PM

I start my wr426 in flip-flops sometimes, never had any problems.....

• USED YZ426F

Posted August 20, 2007 - 05:29 AM

I start my wr426 in flip-flops sometimes, never had any problems.....

I started my 2000 YZ426 in sneakers the day after I got it. Biggest mistake in the month that I've owned it.

I followed the starting proceedures listed throughout this forum and it started easy enough. But it did give me a very slight kick-back on the first attempt. Tore the bottom of my shoe and a slight bruise on my foot.

I couldn't imagine what would happen if it really gave me a kick. Someone here described it as "being shot in the foot" and I bet that is pretty close.

On a side note, finally got to ride this last weekend. Spent several hours just trying to hang on to the beast. It finally beat me in to submission and I am feeling it now.:bonk: I'll be back for round two this coming weekend though.:ride:

Man, I love this bike!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.