Green Slime?

7 replies to this topic
  • ScottyR

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:20 PM

Any one try this stuff? How did it work? I am going away for 3 days this weekend to ride in some really rocky terrain and dont want to get a flat. Any other suggestions...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:56 PM

I have uesd the green slime for years it works geart,put it in the tube air up the tire and go ride to move the slime around inside the tube. :)
monty

• mcarp

Posted September 04, 2000 - 05:35 PM

I seemed to get flats often in the past riding in the sticks (and locust trees) in Ohio. So I did what you are thinking and added some slime--haven't had a flat in 6 months since using it and one time I *knew* I had rode through a locust patch (long, sharp,spiney thorns) and virtually guaranteed a flat. Maybe they work. I guess the real test will come after more time as passed, but so far so good!

You may notice the front end steering a little slower (theoretic, I didn't notice anything) due to the increased rolling mass, I think you need about 8oz (1/2 lb) of Slime per tire! Or maybe it will add a little flywheel momentum effect--again I didn't notice any change but some riders might.

• Kermit

Posted September 04, 2000 - 06:27 PM

Originally posted by scottyr:
Any one try this stuff? How did it work? I am going away for 3 days this weekend to ride in some really rocky terrain and dont want to get a flat. Any other suggestions...

Hey Scott I live in Tucson real nasty stuff here sharp rocks,cactus, HUGE thorns buy it you won't regret it beats triyng to patch it out in the middle of no where!!! I always put in new tubes when I change tires also put baby powder on the tube, old trick, keeps tube and tire from becomin' one.
Kermit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dougie

Posted September 05, 2000 - 02:04 AM

I use to use it on my old bike. It worked OK, but I still got a few flats though. Plus, it was a mess when I changed my tires and I had to let the air out of the tube.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 05, 2000 - 08:06 AM

Originally posted by scottyr:

In rocks you need more AIR.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 05, 2000 - 08:50 AM

From the topic header of this thread, I thought the subject was a political add for Ralph Nader. Green slime would be a good name for the Green Party.

• BruceWA

Posted September 05, 2000 - 01:32 PM

Haven't used the green slime in sometime. Still got flats with it. Changed to using metzler heavy duty tubes about three years ago and have had only 1 flat since. These tubes are great! Or maybe I'm not riding as aggressively???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.