Broken exhaust 650l

4 replies to this topic
  • motomonte

Posted August 12, 2007 - 05:56 PM

O.K. time for a new silencer...(about time before wife runs card to the max)Mine just broke off today.I just revved the bike in first gear and was about to do a wheel lofting 2nd gear shift when suddenly I heard this LOUD noise:eek: Did an emergency landing and found the mid pipe broken just where it's welded to the muffler(wich by the way is still stock).Now the bike sounds like a custom chopper with straight pipes wich is pretty loud.I'll have it welded at a local muffler shop while I get a new one.Question is,do this happens often?I've never heard of this happening.Anyway,what exhaust system do you guys recommend.I'm not very concerned about noise since I ride on-road most of the time.I'm most concerned about price since I'll have to get it shipped overseas(P.R.).Did a search and found the Supertrapp IDS 2 to my liking.Any input will be appreciated.Thanks.

• martinfan30

Posted August 12, 2007 - 07:58 PM

that is a rare break! never heard of that! go with xr's only full exhaust, cant go wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650l bum

Posted August 12, 2007 - 08:22 PM

that is a rare break! never heard of that! go with xr's only full exhaust, cant go wrong.

My friend just had to get the entire seem rewelded on the mid pipe of the xr exhaust. The seem just gave way!

• martinfan30

Posted August 13, 2007 - 11:40 AM

My friend just had to get the entire seem rewelded on the mid pipe of the xr exhaust. The seem just gave way!

ya i was full of beer!!:busted: :bonk:

• motomonte

Posted August 14, 2007 - 02:58 PM

Just ordered the Supertrrap ISD 2 fro the TT store.Found the best price and it's available(almost everybody else had it backordered).Meanwhile will have it welded.Sorry no beer....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.