gearbox problems

2 replies to this topic
  • sam

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:16 AM

Does anybody have problems with their gearboxs changing down a gear by themselves
It mainly happens just after i've nailed the thing and I keep expecting to have to catch the piston in my teeth as the revs go supersonic.
Has any body experienced this with different types of oil?

cheers
sam

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:34 PM

I used to dualsport a lot and when accelerating full out on the street and changing gears I had some problems like that. Never on the dirt though. I'm glad I never broke anything because now that I think about it, that's not a good idea with all the traction on the street without any sort of cush-drive on the rear sprocket.

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted September 04, 2000 - 03:41 PM

Hey Moto Greg, I just have one thing to say,
"do the stepdown"! :)

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.