Jetting The Wr

3 replies to this topic
  • cphillis

Posted September 01, 2000 - 12:50 PM

I have a 2000 Wr and have a flat spot or delay when you give it a quick wick of the throttle, I have Tryed to richen the main jet, I have tryed to lean out the main jet, I have tryed to raise the needle and lower the needle and nothing seems to cure the problem. The excel pump works great. The timng is stock it has a stock pipe. Is this normal with this bike I haven't heard of this problem before so that is why I am asking. Is it maybe because of the exhaust cam timing on the wr?

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 01, 2000 - 02:33 PM

I can't say for sure whether it is the WR timing or not.

But shouldn't you be screwing around with the pilot jet. It is incredibly lean from the factory. Try atleast a 45 or if you have other mods go with a 48.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 01, 2000 - 03:42 PM

Your probably messing with something that is incurable. 4-storkes are infamous for this trait.
Ive learned to live with it.

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

• James_Dean

Posted September 01, 2000 - 08:55 PM

cphillis,
The '00 WR (USA model) has a small pilot #42 and lean needle DRS. Some delay is expected with a 4-stroke, but not too much. So try backing out the pilot screw on the bottom of the float bowl and idle it up a little to see if the delay is reduced. Mine came at 4 turns out from the previous owner.
Then consider a #45 or #48 pilot with the DVP, EKP(EMP), or EKN(EMN) needles described in the lengthy topics posted.
James

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.