3rd Gear = :-)

11 replies to this topic
  • Suds

Posted August 11, 2007 - 07:44 PM

2007 XR650L, after Daves mods, this bike freaking rips. Cruising in 3rd, twist that throttle and hold on for dear life.
I love it!!!
Thanks for all the help

Suds

• Sipes77

Posted August 11, 2007 - 09:55 PM

Cool Suds!!!

Posts like yours are definitely inspiring! I am going to do Dave's Mods this week, and am looking forward to waking my pig up too.:ride:

• hondaxrl650

Posted August 12, 2007 - 09:10 AM

I jetted mine like 2 months ago . It is a whole new bike , trust me you will be suprised when your done.Just like I was ..:applause: :ride: on

• Suds

Posted August 12, 2007 - 09:11 AM

Note to self: Do not post after drinking 15 beers, lol.

Cool Suds!!!

Posts like yours are definitely inspiring! I am going to do Dave's Mods this week, and am looking forward to waking my pig up too.:ride:

Yup, definitely woke the pig up. You will not be disappointed.

Suds

• hatterasman

Posted August 12, 2007 - 11:48 AM

What kinda cash are you spending for these mods. I have an '05 that I would like to wake up. Also how much time does it take to do.

• Suds

Posted August 12, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Cost me about $40 for the new jets, Uni air filter and pack of washers from Radio Shack.
Have not done the desmog yet. That will be about 20 bucks more for the kit.

It took me a few hours, only because it was my first time taking everything off (seat, tank, carb) and I took my time making sure I did everything correctly.

Check out 4strokes for instructions. http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

Suds

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondaxrl650

Posted August 12, 2007 - 01:06 PM

ya the smog has to go ( no more poping ) . It was like 60 bucks for everything , just don't drink like I did when I was doing it .( it will cost alot more) . It is cheaper to drink and post than drink and re-jet a carb...:bonk: :naughty:

• Huffa 2

Posted August 13, 2007 - 12:38 AM

"Hold on for dear life" I would say applies to a CRF or XR, the L has great usable locomotive type of power but I just don't find that it rips even with mods.

If you rode the older XL 600's, they have a lot more power down low-mid then these do.

Don't get me wrong, not saying your lieing but maybe you never rode other big singles to compare it to ?

I did the dnyno jet kit though and can't imagine there would be that much of a difference between the two to put Daves Mod's in the rip catagory.

Sure don't want to dissapoint :excuseme: but those are my findings, heck of a fun machine with plenty of power, just doesn't rip like Honda could of made it RIP.

• martinfan30

Posted August 13, 2007 - 11:11 AM

ya the smog has to go ( no more poping ) . It was like 60 bucks for everything , just don't drink like I did when I was doing it .( it will cost alot more) . It is cheaper to drink and post than drink and re-jet a carb...:bonk: :naughty:

ya buddy!

• Suds

Posted August 13, 2007 - 03:23 PM

"Hold on for dear life" I would say applies to a CRF or XR, the L has great usable locomotive type of power but I just don't find that it rips even with mods.

If you rode the older XL 600's, they have a lot more power down low-mid then these do.

Don't get me wrong, not saying your lieing but maybe you never rode other big singles to compare it to ?

I did the dnyno jet kit though and can't imagine there would be that much of a difference between the two to put Daves Mod's in the rip catagory.

Sure don't want to dissapoint :excuseme: but those are my findings, heck of a fun machine with plenty of power, just doesn't rip like Honda could of made it RIP.

Yup, I think I exaggerated a little, but that was the Budweisers talking.
Definitely seems to pull pretty hard in the mid to high revs, especially in 3rd.
Although my only comparison was my original bike which was a 230F.

Suds

• Huffa 2

Posted August 13, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Yup, I think I exaggerated a little, but that was the Budweisers talking.
Definitely seems to pull pretty hard in the mid to high revs, especially in 3rd.
Although my only comparison was my original bike which was a 230F.

Suds

Well yea, it RIPS, compared to a 230F :bonk: :lol:

• Denn10

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:58 AM

What gearing are you running on the bike? maybe hes using 13/49 and then it would RIP till about 45 mph LOL

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.