Best Lower Triple Clamp?

6 replies to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted March 02, 2002 - 04:22 PM

I am having a bunch of work done to my suspension to add to the "Pimp' factor and I want to know what the best lower triple clamp is to go with the ProTaper upper that I have, I am having the fork tubes hard anodized black and the chrome tubes gold TiNitrided, this will go along with the black Excell rims and blue anodized Talon hubs, I am having the triples hard anodized as well. You may be saying "Scream...you have too much money" and I say NO! not the case, I am a video engineer by trade and I have done alot of work for a company that can perform all the nitride and anodizing for me....I have a ton of credit with them that I am going to use for the SuperMoto WR monster, so I dont really want to anodize the trick upper i already have and then have a stock lower. so any tips on a lower? Thanks...P.S. I will post pics when this is done so you can critique my work.

• SFO

Posted March 05, 2002 - 06:40 AM

http://www.kosman.net/

I used to work there and they make adjustable offset crowns that would be the ticket for your motard beast.
It would mean buying a set of crowns and a stem from them but you get to adjust your trail without replacing the crowns.
On a lowered bike that could be a very valuable option.
email me at
bill@mossmachine.com if you have any questions about their services.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 05, 2002 - 04:48 PM

TeamScream, What shows do you work on as an engineer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeamScream

Posted March 05, 2002 - 06:06 PM

I did Oceans-11, Max Keebles Big move, The Agency, AT&T commercials, Microsoft Commercials, Hyundai,Dell Computer Commercial, H&R Block and various others...but theres a few I have done in the last several months, are you in the business Dan ?
Thanks SFO I will look at those now!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 05, 2002 - 06:46 PM

Scream, Yes. I do some sitcoms as a camera utility. Also I do Wheel of Fortune,the Oscars and the Grammys. Usually im setting up a Jib or camera rail system for the company I work for, Camera Support. Sound like you do alot of commercials (film), are you a video assist guy? Video Hawks?

I'de like to see your bike when you are finished..

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 05, 2002 - 06:56 PM

Scream, Yes. I do some sitcoms as a camera utility. Also I do Wheel of Fortune,the Oscars and the Grammys. Usually im setting up a Jib or camera rail system for the company I work for, Camera Support. Sounds like you do alot of commercials (film), are you a video assist guy? Video Hawks?

I'de like to see your bike when you are finished..

• TeamScream

Posted March 05, 2002 - 07:04 PM

Yeah baby, I dont work for Video Hawks I am actually an independent video assist operator, however on Oceans-11 and The Agency I am (was) hired out by E=Mc2 for 24 frame playback. Have another AT&T gig on Friday, good to meet someone else in the bus. I will definately set up some pics when the project is (re) done, the forks and shock are already at Circuit-1 (they sponsor me on the road race side), I am editing and preparing the CD-Roms for their "how-to" videos thats how I got all the credit with them. I have decided to NOT do the TiNitride to the chrome tubes, they said it really doesnt make enough difference and its around $400.00, plus if it ever gets a rock nick or scratch it costs almost twice that to fix and re-nitride so I can do without that. The Hard anodizing and other trickness I am going for. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.