The thingy that goes where the header and silencer slip together??

3 replies to this topic
  • BlueHondaEater

Posted August 30, 2000 - 12:09 PM

I just got an E-series silencer for my 00 WR400F I got it home and went to put it on but couldn't cause I needed the funky gasket thing that goes on the inside of the silencer end where it slips onto the stock header. What a bummer. I tried using the one out of the stock silencer but it was cooked on so by the time I got it off it was mutalated. Any suggestions? A new one is $19.30 what a rip. I wanna go riding this weekend but the new one won't be in until next week. Every time I try to slip the old one onto the header it cuts into the sides cause it isn't perfectly round any more. Why doesn't white bros. send one with the silencer in the first place?
Thanks for any replies! :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 30, 2000 - 03:59 PM

Got Duct Tape?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted August 30, 2000 - 04:31 PM

Permatex "Ultra Copper" high heat silicone unitl you get the correct sleeve.
fershy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 30, 2000 - 08:40 PM

I HAVE NEW MUFFLER GASKETS IN STOCK IF YOU
LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIF. YOU CAN COME BY THE
SHOP. CALL ME 888-248-9159 THANKS MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.