Does anyone know what this is?

10 replies to this topic
  • Motoequip

Posted August 11, 2007 - 08:08 AM

I have an 05 WR450f and on the side of the bike next to the generator cover, there is a small another small cover. Why is this plugged? Is this factory or did the previous owner do this? I'm trying to post pic. but forgot how to do it. Anyhelp would help.
Hope you guys can see the pics?

• albertlui

Posted August 11, 2007 - 08:25 AM

i think he broken the oil filter cover before.

• Motoequip

Posted August 11, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Her is another pic. a better view.http://s12.photobuck...nt=DSC00673.jpg

• albertlui

Posted August 11, 2007 - 08:55 AM

yes, that is the oil filter cover

• Solo

Posted August 11, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Oil filter cover for sure. Must have hit a rock or something and cracked it. JB Weld is perfect for that kind of fix. If it doesn't leak I wouldn't worrry about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustinw

Posted August 11, 2007 - 01:55 PM

Yeah that's not a factory job, definitely jb weld. That little bump is the feed tube for the oil filter.

• trailordune

Posted August 11, 2007 - 08:04 PM

If you're concerned about it and plan on keeping the bike consider a Ready Racing stainless steel oil filter. They run about $50 and come with a cover. They're a deal if you ask me.

• Motoequip

Posted August 11, 2007 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for the info. guys...:applause:

Posted August 13, 2007 - 01:30 PM

Get a skid plate or next time it may take more than JB weld... :prof:

That would be a tough place to hit either way but a skid plate may help and that stock guard on there does not offer much protection

• bg10459

Posted August 14, 2007 - 05:06 AM

Just found this on ebay, in case you're interested in replacing it.:thumbsup:

• Motoequip

Posted August 24, 2007 - 07:45 AM

Just found this on ebay, in case you're interested in replacing it.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I found a new one for $33.00 and the ready racing for 50.00. I'm going with the aftermarket.:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.