Is DVP ok?

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 29, 2000 - 08:08 AM

Clark and Dean
Is the DVP AT #5 too lean for my WR timed 00 WR 400? Stock exhaust, baffle out, air box lid off, 178 main 48 pilot. Should i return to my stock DRS needle? I ride 1500' to 6000'

• James_Dean

Posted August 29, 2000 - 05:34 PM

This is not too lean. The "P" of DVP is richer at 0-1/4 throttle. The DVP#5 clip is equivalent to DRS#3 clip in the midrange.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted August 29, 2000 - 06:08 PM

I recommended the DVP #5 as it would be vary close to the DRS #3 from the taper standpoing and a little richer between 0 and 1/4 throttle. On a WR timed bike it should work excellent along with your other jetting selections. It will not be leaner than your DRS needle.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 30, 2000 - 04:24 AM

Thanks guys. With my question answered for the DVP. I feel better about my setup. That being said, what would i pick up by using the EKP? What position would i run this needle with WR timing, and how would my other jets fit with this needle?

• James_Dean

Posted August 30, 2000 - 03:08 PM

I have run the same '00WR400 setup with EKP#3(EMP#4). A good starting point might be #165MJ and #48 pilot. The EKN#3(EMN#4) may be a better choice with WR timing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.