Baja Designs oil sight tube - problems / feedback??

2 replies to this topic
  • Suikerland

Posted August 10, 2007 - 11:40 PM

Just wondering if anybody has had problems with the oil sight tube?

I'm about to fit the Baja Designs oil sight tube onto my XR650R.
(Also ftting Scotts damper with dipstick-mounted post so the sight tube is kinda neccessary).

I've heard some reports of thees sight tubes actiually leaking oil, and also that they are not very accurate at measuring oil levels (apparently oil gets stuck in the tube???). But on the other hand, a lot of people seem to be using them.

Any feedback before I start drilling?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted August 12, 2007 - 03:35 PM

I have instructions for my kit here...I havent had a return or issue brought to me yet and I have been selling them for a couple years.
http://www.animalhou...et/products.htm

• Suikerland

Posted August 12, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Thanks... I've heard about your kit (as well as the legendary footpeg fix, which is on my to-buy list). I picked a second-hand-but-never-installed Baja tube from a buddy as part of a package.

Just a bit scary drilling these big holes into my frame...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.