sticky kick starter?

4 replies to this topic
  • bigwake

Posted August 10, 2007 - 09:09 PM

on my03 yz450f..the kick starter is really stuck in when i go to pull it out to kick..i tried lubing it with zep2000..and it is still as stuck as anything..i just wish it would flop out easier when i need to start my bike..any suggestion?

• Ga426owner

Posted August 11, 2007 - 05:40 AM

on my03 yz450f..the kick starter is really stuck in when i go to pull it out to kick..i tried lubing it with zep2000..and it is still as stuck as anything..i just wish it would flop out easier when i need to start my bike..any suggestion?

mine does this every once in a while...the elbow needs lubing...I use a teflon based lube - pull out the kick starter, spray lube, open and close over and over...you are in florida I am sure salty air does not help:thumbsdn:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigwake

Posted August 11, 2007 - 07:40 AM

hmm..i have tried that..and it works for a couple seconds..and then gets sticky again..o well..haha

• Dirtbiker05

Posted August 12, 2007 - 06:03 AM

http://www.thumperta...ht=07 kickstart hope this helps. :ride:

• bigwake

Posted August 12, 2007 - 06:21 AM

awesome! thanx for the help..i'll try that wd-40..wasn't too sure about it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.