FMF Q4 On The 07

2 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted August 10, 2007 - 07:26 PM

I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with this pipe. Its too loud! To my ear its not one bit quieter than the stocker the 07 comes with. Why does it seem impossible to quieten these bikes to an acceptable level? My local tracks now require the db dawg insert or NO RIDE! Well, I won't run them anymore because they are too hard on exhaust packing and make the engine run hotter. Last time I used the insert the packing was being forced out the edges of the pipe, even caused the rivets to come loose. So I was really hoping this pipe would be the perfect alternative. I'm thinking they may still bi**ch about the noise my bike puts out with this pipe. What else can I do? I'm figuring that if these select tracks I ride won't except the Q4 than I won't be riding them anymore. That pipe was not cheap, so I've spent my money to help contribute to the sound cause.. I won't spend another cent either. Too bad these thumpers are killing our riding areas, and sound is a huge issue right now in my area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailsweep

Posted August 11, 2007 - 06:45 AM

I can't believe the Q4 is not quiet on your bike ,it really got mine down ,so much so that my motor now sounds like crap from all the engine niose!!

• 02YZ426

Posted August 11, 2007 - 03:58 PM

I can't believe the Q4 is not quiet on your bike ,it really got mine down ,so much so that my motor now sounds like crap from all the engine niose!!

Really? Well I don't know.. its a little quieter but not much on my bike. The nice fancy decals they put on the pipe didn't even make it through the first ride either.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.