Magnetic drain screw

6 replies to this topic
  • Moto-Mike

Posted August 28, 2000 - 08:16 AM

Does anyone know where I could buy a magnetic drain screw for the bottom of the engine and how much they cost?

2000 Yamaha WR400F
1988 Honda NT650 Hawk
1977 Suzuki RM250B
1974 Honda XR75K1

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 28, 2000 - 08:43 AM

Mike, I bought one for my bike from Moose when I first got it and I couldnt get it to thread in right so instead of forcing it I took it back and got another and it didnt fit either. So if you get a Moose, be careful and dont force it.

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

• Heywood

Posted August 28, 2000 - 11:31 AM

I think I saw one in the GYT-R Catalog at the dealer. You might check on that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted August 28, 2000 - 04:42 PM

I had the same problem with the Moose drain plug about a year ago :). Ive been using the stock drainplug ever since. A magnetic one that fits would be nice.

Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

• Clark_Mason

Posted August 28, 2000 - 04:52 PM

I'v been running the GYT-R magnetic drain plug in the bottom of my WR for the past 14 months with no problems. I got it from my Yam dealer. This plug is made from a nifty light weight alloy with a strong magnet in the middle.

• Scott_F

Posted August 28, 2000 - 06:44 PM

I found an aftermarket one at my local Honda dealer. I measured the thread of the stock plug, and matched it up. I think they came in 12 x 1.5 and 12 x 1.75. It is steel and has a hole drilled for safety wire.

On my last oil change, it had a light slime of ferrous material on the magnet, and one little flake, probably from a gear.

Scott F

• MotoGreg

Posted August 28, 2000 - 08:13 PM

12x1.5 sounds more like it, 1.75 is too big of a thread pitch.

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.