YZ Bottom End

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 24, 2000 - 06:39 PM

With YZ timing and an E-Series exhaust (12disks)+ air-box lid removed, I found that I lost much of my bottom end. In the tight and on really steep rocky stuff it isn't much fun. I had to resort to too much clutch abuse. I would love the WR bottom end and YZ mid to top end. Other than flywheel weights are there any other options? Someone told me that a tapered header pipe would make a big difference. Is this true?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted August 24, 2000 - 06:52 PM

Mary

I hate to see anybody loose their bottom end. Both the WB tapered and FMF PowerBomb headers will increase Bottom end performance. Also droping one tooth on the countershaft sprocket and flywheel weights would help quite a bit.

I sold Bryan our moderator my e-series with a tapered header and so far he has had good top to bottom results. In fact I thought I heard him advertising some sort of easy "wheelieing"

Clark

• Dougie

Posted August 28, 2000 - 02:31 AM

Try going to a 52 tooth rear sprocket. I found the same problem when I went to YZ timing. This helped get the control back in the nasty stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.