does it help the performance to run stock 426 needle?

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 27, 2000 - 04:27 AM

If I was to stick a stock 426 needle in my 99 WR400 with stock timing and pipe, and silencer with baffle out only would it help my performance???????????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted August 27, 2000 - 09:44 PM

Do not run YZ needles in a WR 400 unless you have the YZ cam timing!!! It will runf to hot and be lean on the bottom.

If you bike has YZ CAM timing and you want to try the 426 needle run a 48 PJ and no more than a 165 main jet probably a 162.

The needle will have more hit but as James and I have found its tricky to jet right around 1/8 to 1/2 throttle. I would recommend a EMN needle in the #3 from the top. But If you want to use the YZ needle go ahead but you will have to experiment to get it right.

I have developed a modified EMN that works excellent.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.