Any info on Kennedy Meadows? or whats left of it? Clark?

5 replies to this topic
  • Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted August 24, 2000 - 07:14 AM

It looks like the fire has been 100% contained and that this OHV area may have been spared. But the area seems to be closed until further notice .... Im not sure though. Im hoping that the area will be available for OHV use again.

Does anyone have any further information?

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

• Speeder

Posted August 24, 2000 - 10:52 AM

http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/sequoia/fire/

• Clark_Mason

Posted August 24, 2000 - 04:55 PM

I talked to the rangers at both the adminstrative station in Kernville and up a Blackrock Station and got the same report.

All OHV trails are now open and the only camp ground that is closed is Fish Creek. Nine mile canyon road up from the Hwy 395 side is open.

That being said I will go up next Wednsesday and stay through the Labor day weekend. I will ride Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and return home Monday morning.

I will attempt to stay in the Troy Meadows Campground.

Clark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathan_In_So_Cal

Posted August 24, 2000 - 07:08 PM

Right on Clark!
Thats what I wanted to hear. Would be so kind to give us a report when you get back? Any trail closures etc?

I had such a great time (my first) up there just before the fire broke out. Im really looking forward to going back and exploring out some more. We only rode Jackass Creek,part of Jackass Peak(the smoke plume in the distance scared us away from continuing on) ,Albanita Trail, Beach Ridge,Beach Trail,Mohagany Trail and Rattlesnake Creek. We didnt take any two track or roads since I was the only one with a plate. Hence we stayed on green sticker trails only. What a blast.

Have fun ... I wish I could join you.

------------------
Nathan Apelbaum
99 WR400F IMS Tank/seat,Scotts full suspension mods,Fastlines front line w/CR routing,Scotts Tripletree,Dampner and Protapers,Scotts shark fin,Big Gun tapered header and muffler,W.R.D. 7.5oz flywheel weight, de-octopussed, Ricky Stator rewind, Air box lid off,UNI Air filter,14/48 gearing,DSC legalizer kit,Work connection frame guards & throttle tube,WB skid plate, Devol Rad guards,Dunlop K139 Frt D606 rear and a couple of other little bits

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted August 25, 2000 - 11:07 PM

Clark, if I can find someone to go up with me I'd go up next thurs. nite. How will I find you?
Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

• Clark_Mason

Posted August 26, 2000 - 05:25 AM

So Cal Eric

I'm usually camped in Troy Meadows CG. I will be in a 28 ft. Flair Motorhome, if my friend Chris is there he will have a red Mazda PU and a 91 trick Suzuki DR 457 (350 bored and stroked). My preferred camping location in the cmapground is on the second loop #53, #54 or #55. If I can't get one of those three spots then I may be in the first loop closest to the entrance. If the CG is full then either the overflow area across the hwy from the campground or lastly in the Fire Safe area way up past the Blackrock station on the entrance road to the Monache 4-wheel drive jeep trail.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.