salvage bike parts?

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 24, 2000 - 11:26 AM

Does anyone know where to get good used Dirt bike parts?

I am looking for my buddy that has a 97 WR250. He needs a steering stem and Yamaha wants to sell him one for 300 something (there should be a law).

Just thought Id check with you knowledeable folks.

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rick_Graham

Posted August 24, 2000 - 12:49 PM

Try Boise cycle salvage in, of course, Boise Idaho, (208)375-7949. The last part I got thru them was a splined tranny output shaft for an 87 suzuki intruder 700. Suzuki wanted almost $800 for it, I got a great used one for $30. I've even bought electrical parts with no complaints.

• Bill

Posted August 25, 2000 - 02:19 AM

Search in Yahoo using "motorcycle salvage". You'll get several listings. I used Neanderthal (sp?) Cycle. They did not have what I needed, but were able to locate the item for me.

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.