Whats easier than an E-Z out?

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 23, 2000 - 03:44 PM

Give up?

I dont know either. Ive been trying to get a busted bolt out of my subframe (the long one that connects the subframe to the backbone of the main frame) for two days now using "E-Z" outs with no luck. This thing is seized.
I just heated it up with a torch and tried again, but no luck.
Its coming down to the point that I might just have to drill the darn thing out and put a nut on the other side.
I hate to do that but Ive got a race this weekend and the clock is ticking.

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

• Bryan Bosch

Posted August 23, 2000 - 05:01 PM

Drill and tap new threads. I've done this before and it only takes a few minutes.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 23, 2000 - 06:25 PM

Drill it and put a longer bolt with a nylock nt on the other side.

Mate broke that bolt on his DRZ the other W/E.. next jump wasn't good! :)

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ratso

Posted August 23, 2000 - 07:08 PM

If you have a reversible drill go get a left hand drill bit, most tool stores have them. Right now all you can do is drill it out and with the reverse drill bit you have about a 75% chance that while you drill the bolt will back itself out .
This works a lot more times than not.
good luck

• Scott_F

Posted August 23, 2000 - 07:18 PM

If he can drill the bolt from the right side of the bike, a regular drill bit might unscrew it. A left handed bit won't be necessary.

Scott F

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 24, 2000 - 08:09 AM

I tried several of your solutions and I still came up empty. Im going to go the cheating route and go to my buddy that is a machinest. If he cant do it then Ill go for the nylon nut.

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.