Some ideas on jetting for a 99 wr400

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 22, 2000 - 03:19 PM

my wr is all stock except for the baffle is out, I live in western PA. I'm just looking for soom info on jetting to max out the power and performance on my bike.. has a dead spot on the crack of the throtle.. and builds rpms slow...
all post will be helpful

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • littlerm

Posted August 23, 2000 - 05:30 AM

I have a '99 with the stock exhaust with baffle removed, airbox lid removed, and YZ timing. I use a 178 main and a 48 pilot, stock needle, stock clip position and it runs terrific. I never have any starting problems, either. I ride in middle TN and north AL, I think the elevation is 500-1000 ft. Hope this helps.

Roger Little
'99 WR400

• TW

Posted August 23, 2000 - 10:16 AM

Your jetting is all going to depend on time of year(hot, humid, cold, dry variables), altitude, what mods you have made. Your hestation may be caused by a dirty accelerator pump, clean it and see what happens. Also count how many turns out you fuel mixture screw is and write it down, then try 1/4 turns out and see if it clears up the hesitation. I am currently running two turns out on the fuel screw and have all but eliminated the hesitation, of course this is just one variable, and each bike may be a little bit different.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.