TPS & APJ carb adjustment

1 reply to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted August 22, 2000 - 01:29 PM

if i'm going to muck about with the carb can someone tell me whether there is a change to the throttle position sensor which is carried out?

also who has played with the accelerator pump jet? both volume & jet size etc

any help greatly appreciated. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 23, 2000 - 07:23 AM

You probably already know this Taffy but the TPS affects the ignition curve and is set or adjusted with an ohmmeter (sp?).

I don't know if this is what you are referring to but I spent a few hours playing with the stroke adjustment on the accel. pump. Small changes do make a noticeable difference! I ran out of daylight before I was satisfied with my efforts and returned it to stock setting though.

It seemed to have the most affect towards the end of the throttle's travel. If you backed screw out 1/4 turn and chopped the throttle past 1/2 turn the bike would almost die. But 1/4 to 1/2 turn blips were unaffected by this adjustment. So it seems this just adjusts the duration of the throttle's travel over which gas is injected :)

But I guess this WOULD mean more/less gas in total is being injected.

This post isn't going very well is it...

I remember a topic from a few months ago about an aftemarket pump that was a superior atomizer (something-38 Lightning). Has anybody else tried one of these?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.