01 WR426 Thottle Positioning Sensor

2 replies to this topic
  • fritz73

Posted August 09, 2007 - 11:32 AM

My question concerns the throttle positioning sensor and how it works. Is it essential to have it contected?

I just had the motor redone with a piston, rings and valves cleaned up. The bike ran beautifully on the trail and over jumps. Good power and feeling tight.

My problem arose when I was holding a steady throttle at about 1/2 to 3/4. It was acting like a rev limiter was knocking the motor down but I could rev through it.

Will the TPS cause this hesitation? Should I lean out the carb or rejet being I had a rebuild?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted August 09, 2007 - 11:53 AM

Do a search for TPS and you will find a lot of information on this subject. Yes with the TPS connected you can get what feels like the bike is cutting out at constant throttle and then disconnect it and the problem will go away. Much of this can be corrected by making sure the TPS is set correctly. Some people only keep it connected when riding tight stuff and disconnect it for constant throttle riding and some add a switch to go back and forth between mapping (keep in mind the bike must be turned off and restarted for the change to take affect.

• fritz73

Posted August 10, 2007 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the information. I'll do a more indepth search on the subject.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.