How much are they?

5 replies to this topic
  • Scrambler

Posted August 21, 2000 - 03:32 PM

Could someone please tell me how much the Scotts damper costs? Do you have to purchase a new triple clamp? I just want the bare minimum. Money is a little tight right now.

I was hoping to be able to use my stock triple clamp and save some money. From all that I have read, it seems like a must have for an aging average rider like myself. My right arm is in a cast right now and I want every advantage I can get to keep it from happening again. Of course quitting riding is NOT an option!!! Not beign able to ride is driving me crazy :)

Any help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Scrambler (edited 08-21-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 21, 2000 - 05:03 PM

Scotts sells their damper for around $399 dollars US. You can buy a complete set up including triple clamps, damper, and pro taper bars for $599 saving you around $140 dollars if you were to buy them seperately Scotts Performance ph# 818-248-6747. The sooner you buy the longer it can work for you. :)

• Scrambler

Posted August 21, 2000 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm suirprised it doesn't cost much more than the WER. I was cosidering the WER because I thought it would be a lot cheaper than the Scotts, but apparently not.

Thanks again, it looks like I'll be getting the Scotts when I can scrape up the cash.

By the way. Based on the new issue of Dirt Bike, it looks like you guys are going to have blast in Moab. The only thing I've ever rode on/in is dirt roads, timber and two motocross tracks. I'm jealous, but I hope everyone comes away with a lot of good memories.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted August 22, 2000 - 03:45 AM

2-Dads is selling the Scots for $370.

• Hick

Posted August 22, 2000 - 06:39 AM

You can use the stock top clamp but '00 model does not completely clear the tower mount for the Scott's. Not necessarily a deal killer, a little work with a dremel will cure small clearance problem.

Top clamp, damper, Pro Tapers and bar mount for $599 is a great deal. I have the Scott's top clamp and it is a quality piece. Does not have adjustable bar mounts however...

If you have a top clamp with different bar mounts (forward, back) you will need to order Scott's bar clamp for the position you run (i.e. Tag clamp, most forward position). If you want to move your bars later you will need a new bar clamp to reposition your damper (damper mounts on bar clamp).

Hope this is helpful...

• Dougie

Posted August 22, 2000 - 09:03 PM

Scotts also offers the entire package for a deal of $750 that includes the stabilizer, Pro Tapers, top and bottom triple clamp which saves you around $180 if bought separately.

Like I posted, if you're thinking about the stabilizer, just do it. You won't be disappointed. If I could have it all over to do again, I would not spend a dime on anything else except the stabilizer.

If you can, save yourself the hassle of trimming your stock triple clamp and get the Scotts package. Great no hassle fit. Mine came with the steering head mounted stabilizer bar instead of the oil filler mounted bar. Fit perfectly with no filing down of welds. I noticed the difference instantly.

Dougie, '99 WR400 with a lot of dumb, stupid, here take my money, I have to have them but they don't make me a better rider extra mods.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.