vavle clearance

2 replies to this topic
  • deano0

Posted August 09, 2007 - 02:58 AM

i have been hearing alot with valve clearance on the 4stroke motor bikes, because i have never owned a 4stroke before my yz426 i have never done them..
are they easy to do??? whats involed in doing them??
also what are the beinfits of having the right valave clearance??
can you tell if ur valve clearance isnt right by just riding the bike??

any point would be helpfull, if u guys can point me in the right direction i would much appreciate it.

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtbiker05

Posted August 09, 2007 - 03:51 AM

yes they are easy to adjust and easier to check. http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm heres whats involved. although this is for a 250f any measurement will be different then ur 426. the benefit is ur bike will run and start properly. the valves tend to tighten as they wear so when they get tight the bike will be hard to start. but u should check them every other month or so and every month when they start to move. as for riding the bike it will lose compression after the valves get really tight so you will find a difference in the power that way. hope this helps.

• deano0

Posted August 10, 2007 - 02:58 AM

yes they are easy to adjust and easier to check. http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm heres whats involved. although this is for a 250f any measurement will be different then ur 426. the benefit is ur bike will run and start properly. the valves tend to tighten as they wear so when they get tight the bike will be hard to start. but u should check them every other month or so and every month when they start to move. as for riding the bike it will lose compression after the valves get really tight so you will find a difference in the power that way. hope this helps.

thanks mate, gave me a better understanding.. but i guess ill only knw if it is hard once i do it myself and find out if it wrks..

once again thanks for teh help!!:thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.