Checked out YZ250F today

2 replies to this topic
  • ScottyR

Posted August 19, 2000 - 06:26 PM

I saw a 2001 YZ250F today at the Walton MX races up here in Canada today. It was up on a stand but asked the Yammy rep if I could lift it off and sit on it. He said OK. First thing I noticed was how much lighter it felt than my 2000 WR400, way easier to pick up off the stand. Second, the rep told me that the 2001 WR250F would NOT have the big tank that the 2001 WR426 has. It would be somewhere in between the YZ250 and the WR426. He said that Doug Dubach thought it was almost unfair for the YZ 250F to be racing with the 125's as he can power away pretty easily! I mentioned to him that I was thinking about buying a YZ400 seat/gas tank combo for my WR. He said to order one for a 98 YZ400 as it is a lot cheaper than for a 99/00 model. The plastic on the tank was a bit thinner on the 98 models and he had no clue why the seat was cheaper but it just is on the 98 vs the 2000.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted August 19, 2000 - 11:57 PM

Plastic on the 99YZ400 tank was 1mm thinner than the 98.

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• fershy

Posted August 21, 2000 - 07:49 PM

Scottyr, I looked up the 98 and 2k tanks on the online Yamaha joint
and they listed the same part # and price for both. It would be interesting to see if they are in fact different part #'s. Please post if you find out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.