IMS 3.3 Tank /Ceet Seat users

3 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted August 19, 2000 - 11:28 AM

I know I need to keep the mounting hardware from my stock 99 WR seat (two rear mounts) however; I have a few questions:

1. If you were sitting on the bike, do I keep the left or right stock tank mounting bracket?

2. Do I need to take the front seat mount post off the stock tank?

3. IMS tells me I do NOT need my stock petcock. Does anyone disagree?

4. Is it inevitable that the natural IMS tank will yellow?

I look forward to your feedback.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted August 21, 2000 - 10:36 AM

Still need your help! I look forward to your replies.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 21, 2000 - 10:58 AM

I hesitate to respond because I have a 426, but I will assume I have the same IMS tank as is sold with the tank/ceet combo for WRs.

1. Left
2. Yes
3. Tank should come with pet
4. Yes. I imagine that draining your gas after you ride will slow this process somewhat. I’ve just relegated myself to living with an uglier bike. Of course, my last bike was a KX 500 :):

• Eric_in_WA

Posted August 21, 2000 - 10:59 AM

Bryan,

Answers:

1. If you were sitting on the bike, do I keep the left or right stock tank mounting bracket? Left

2. Do I need to take the front seat mount post off the stock tank? Yes

3. IMS tells me I do NOT need my stock petcock. Does anyone disagree? I needed it. Maybe, they are supplying a petcock now. Keep in mind the petcok will mount on the rights side. It will either be facing inwards or facing outward with a longer fuel hose routing. Either way, it is not real pretty, but it works.

4. Is it inevitable that the natural IMS tank will yellow? I assume that it would to some extent. The blue matches Yamahas colors nicely.

In hindsight, I would have gone with a YZ tank and YZ seat. I rarely use over 2 gallons before I take a break for refueling.

Anyone happen to have a YZ gas tank for sale?

Eric in WA

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.