tree sap on seat, what to use?

12 replies to this topic
  • ridinredneck

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:50 PM

parked under a tree, got sap on the seat. cant get it off. tried degreaser, dish liquid and a scrub brush. didnt work. any suggestions? thanks

• CORider63

Posted August 08, 2007 - 10:09 PM

Try "Orange Glo" furniture polish. (Walmart or various other stores.) I've used it successfully on my hands and on some lawn furniture.

• ridinredneck

Posted August 08, 2007 - 10:12 PM

Try "Orange Glo" furniture polish. (Walmart or various other stores.) I've used it successfully on my hands and on some lawn furniture.

thanks, i'll give it a try

• 450high

Posted August 09, 2007 - 02:01 AM

Pine o clean , it also gets it off your hands

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 09, 2007 - 07:23 AM

wd40 works great

Posted August 09, 2007 - 07:32 AM

This is a little off subject, but I think informative... I bought a Fox Helmet a couple years back that was the "matte" finish, it was a great helmet until I rode in woods that where dripping sap... The helmet was never the same. I can not get all the sap off because of the matte finish, I will always buy the gloss finish paints...:prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 09, 2007 - 08:05 AM

Brake Cleaner will work and wont harm anything!!

• giants922003

Posted August 09, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Try rubbing alcohol or even a baby wipe.

• ridinredneck

Posted August 09, 2007 - 08:09 PM

thanks for the replys folks. i'm sure i will be able to get it off with some of these ideas. thanks again:thumbsup:

• giffinmx37

Posted August 09, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Let is on there and you wont have to spend the money on a gripper seat:p

• grounded63

Posted August 18, 2007 - 09:51 AM

Try babyoil , it works like a dream on pine resin .

Posted August 18, 2007 - 12:15 PM

Dish soap should work. You just have to get the water as hot as you can stand it. My cousin had a 93 Timberwolf with the white/off white seat that stained BAD. Our grandfather used extremely hot water and dish soap and it looked like new. Cold water and soap wouldn't clean it.

• trailriderjoe

Posted August 19, 2007 - 04:57 PM

Kerosene works great too!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.