anybody need a parts bike? xr650l

26 replies to this topic
  • HeadTrauma

Posted August 17, 2007 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I'd offer to at least look at it if it didn't involve a 3hr drive and $50 in gas.

• lhark

Posted August 17, 2007 - 03:45 PM

I'm with everyone else on this....it could be bad rings, or valve seals maybe. Although I would expect to see blue smoke from oil burning.....
You should really get a second opinion, before you end up dumping the thing.
Good luck with it.

• Buckshot44

Posted August 17, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the input. I knew they were asking for way too much. So everybody knows. The Shop is Motoworld of elcajon. I have had problems in the past with them. I Swear if you dont have an 07 racebike that needs a prep. They Dont want to deal with you. I'll never use them again. I really appreciate all the inputs. Thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon-D

Posted August 17, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Try MCGoodies in Pasadena. Their number is 888-252-2000 and if you do call ask for Travis. He has allways given me great service and is an honest mechanic.

• wheelnut46

Posted August 18, 2007 - 04:10 AM

Try MCGoodies in Pasadena. Their number is 888-252-2000 and if you do call ask for Travis. He has allways given me great service and is an honest mechanic.

I hope you call and get another opinion. I would like to hear what the REAL problem is.
Surprised the first mechanic didn't give you the astronomical quote then offer to take the whole bike off your hands for $500 (since it isn't any good anymore).:censored:

• Buckshot44

Posted August 18, 2007 - 03:47 PM

I hope you call and get another opinion. I would like to hear what the REAL problem is.
Surprised the first mechanic didn't give you the astronomical quote then offer to take the whole bike off your hands for $500 (since it isn't any good anymore).:censored:

They offered me 400 as a trade in on a new XRR

• wheelnut46

Posted August 19, 2007 - 05:12 AM

They offered me 400 as a trade in on a new XRR

Typical.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.