fluids on a 04 yz85

6 replies to this topic
  • crazy lil punk

Posted August 08, 2007 - 01:53 PM

hey,
I have a 2004 yz85.
What kind of coolant do i need to get?
How much, and what kind of oil should I put in the crank case?
thanks, Joe

• crazy lil punk

Posted August 08, 2007 - 05:38 PM

i need help guys, please....bump

• cr85_supermini03

Posted August 08, 2007 - 08:31 PM

50/50 water antifreeze and for tranny oil i use bellray gear saver. sorry if my spellings off sticky keys are on so i have to figure out witch key is witch

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rootuser

Posted August 08, 2007 - 08:40 PM

For the gear box I like Rock Oil personally and 50/50 is a good mix as mentioned above.

• crazy lil punk

Posted August 09, 2007 - 03:58 AM

okay, thanks alot guys, and is there something to measure the oil that comes with the oil, I know its like 500mm or something that has to go in there? and regular anti-freeze, nothing special?

• yz450vet

Posted August 28, 2007 - 03:10 PM

My son's yz 85 takes 5ooml of oil. The thing I can't figure out is how to check the oil level after you've filled it!! I heard there is a screw on the opposite side of the engine that you can loosen and as long as oils flows out of it you're at the right level. Can anyone confirm this and do you have any photos of where this screw is.

• rusky

Posted August 28, 2007 - 05:47 PM

for radiator fluid ive always drained the stock stuff and used engine ice, makes the bike run a little cooler if you are riding in sand or just like to keep the revs up.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz85 vs cr125 power. by vertox

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 15 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ125 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Yamaha YZ125 2015
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Kx 250f vs yz 250 vs yz125 by kxrider1001

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ250 Fuel Knock? by RussTheRush

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • Hot  49 replies
Forums
Photo

Everything for a beginner! by danieljames

• 6 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.