PRETZLED CHAIN GUIDE

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 16, 2000 - 06:53 AM

My chain guide took a mean hit this past weekend and my efforts to straighten it weren't that great. Can anyone recommend a replacement guide? When you buy the housing do they come with the plastic insert?

Glenn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 16, 2000 - 07:50 AM

Glenn,

TM Designs/Terrycable make a great one that is all plastic and one piece. (800-854-4691)

Its not cheap (about $60 American) but it is warranteed. I bent my stock guide so bad one time it threw the chain. So far I love my Terrycable unit.

They also sell it as part of a kit that includes a slider or arm guard and two hard plastic rollers. The kit is a good deal since the slider lasts much, much longer than the stock rubber unit.

• Dougie

Posted August 17, 2000 - 04:00 AM

After several bends and twists of my chain guide and several failed efforts to bend it back to shape I finally went and bought a Moose guide.

Fits perfectly and looks good. Works better than the stock and takes the nasty hits without bending.

AND the whole thing cost less than that damned plastic chain guide insert.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.