Billet Aluminum Cargo Rack for WR 450 any Good?

14 replies to this topic
  • MX974

Posted August 08, 2007 - 10:17 AM

Has anyone tried one of these racks from Pro Moto Billet? They look good in the picture but are kinds pricey.

http://www.cyclebuy....o/racks_yam.htm

• tweav

Posted August 08, 2007 - 11:05 AM

I order 1 last week . I'll tell you how it looks when I get it.Then when I lay it down I'll tell you if I bent or not.

• B-Rock

Posted August 08, 2007 - 01:10 PM

I've been looking for something like that!!! Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

I am definitely keeping my eye on this post.

• clark4131

Posted August 08, 2007 - 01:39 PM

$180 + shippping :eek: :eek: :eek:...Holy Gold-Plated Fleecing Batman!!!...SC

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 08, 2007 - 02:11 PM

$180 + shippping :eek: :eek: :eek:...Holy Gold-Plated Fleecing Batman!!!...SC

Yeah, they're pretty proud of that rack:eek:

• MX974

Posted August 08, 2007 - 03:35 PM

We all like nice racks:eek:

There aren't many places on the WR to bolt a rack to so it will be interesting!

• Sycamore

Posted August 08, 2007 - 03:39 PM

I like it even at that price..rather not pay it but it beats some of the alternatives I've used..especially carrying the chain saw:eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zukrider

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:41 PM

I have one on my 07 and it is great. It is very solid and looks nice on the bike. Makes it easy to pick up the back of the bike as well.:thumbsup:

• zukrider

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:46 PM

BTW I have a picture of it in my garage

• MX974

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:52 PM

Can we see a picture of it?

Did it bolt up fairly easily and not require any modifications like cutting the number plates or fender?

Thanks,

Jay

• zukrider

Posted August 08, 2007 - 09:08 PM

click on my garage under my avatar and there is a picture in there. I had my dealer include it with the bike so they put it on. I dont think there is any cutting if there is its very little and I cant see were they did.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted August 09, 2007 - 05:37 AM

I too have a PMB Rackit on my WR 450. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have laid the bike down lots of times with no damage to the rack. I also have their chainsaw carrier that mounts to the rack. VERY high quality products. I am a Forest Service volunteer and have 3 adopted trails in the Prospect OHV System so I have the saw mount on and off the bike constantly. The rack stays on all the time. Other than the bike itself it was the best purchase that I have made.
When installing the rack you will have to trim a place on each number plate about 1/2" x 3/4" . They have very detailed instructions but are quite easy to follow.
Unfortunately I have no picture of it. Wish I did.
Jim

• Sycamore

Posted August 09, 2007 - 08:09 AM

I too have a PMB Rackit on my WR 450. I've had it about 2 1/2 years and have laid the bike down lots of times with no damage to the rack. I also have their chainsaw carrier that mounts to the rack. VERY high quality products. I am a Forest Service volunteer and have 3 adopted trails in the Prospect OHV System so I have the saw mount on and off the bike constantly. The rack stays on all the time. Other than the bike itself it was the best purchase that I have made.
When installing the rack you will have to trim a place on each number plate about 1/2" x 3/4" . They have very detailed instructions but are quite easy to follow.
Unfortunately I have no picture of it. Wish I did.
Jim

Thanks for your volunteer work. I work with Tonto and Prescott National forest cleaning up trails when I have the time. This rack might be the deal. Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

• Solo

Posted August 09, 2007 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for your volunteer work. I work with Tonto and Prescott National forest cleaning up trails when I have the time. This rack might be the deal. Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

And thanks to YOU for cleaning trails I probably ride on. :applause:

• eissinger4

Posted August 10, 2007 - 07:59 AM

I've heard good things about these, but haven't actually seen one. A little cheaper than the PMB's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWD1V

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.