06'-07' ODO Head Removal

4 replies to this topic
  • SJMC_DON

Posted August 08, 2007 - 10:14 AM

So on the WR's with the digital ODO/Enduro comp, in order to remove the "cable" coming up from the front hub you have to remove the entire "head" or pickup that is effectively the RH side spacer and seal..

With old mechanical ODO's you could just un-screw the cable and cap the threaded connection point at the head. Thus leaving the ODO head in place to serve as the spacer and seal.

So for my 07' I went and got a YZ spacer and new bearings and seals but the WR hub does not provide enuf recessed hub to get the seal to stay in place...

Has anyone done this succesfully with out changing to a YZ hub? And if so, how?

Thanks!:ride:

• bmeador

Posted August 08, 2007 - 10:47 AM

Call Mike at Flatland Racing, They offer a wheel spacer that replaces the stock part.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Enduro Addict

Posted August 08, 2007 - 11:17 AM

Or just use this:

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTA1Ng==

Have one on my wifes 05 WR and it works perfect.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 08, 2007 - 11:22 AM

Or just use this:

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTA1Ng==

Have one on my wifes 05 WR and it works perfect.

The speedo cap works great on pre 06' WR's :thumbsup: But the 06' 07' models have a hard wired cable into the odo head :excuseme: and that cable is just begging to get ripped off hanging out like it does. I'm gonna see what Flatland has.

Thanks Guys!

• bmeador

Posted August 09, 2007 - 04:37 AM

I have a 06 and a 07 Both with the Flatland spacer it works great!:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.