Fork Stiction

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 15, 2000 - 08:20 PM

My '99 WR is the first bike I've had with upside down forks. Though they work great through most of the stroke and at higher speeds, they have noticeably more stiction at initial movement than bikes I've checked with regular forks. Is there a technique for eliminating fork stiction in the WR or is it inherent in the USD design?
Thanks for any insight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • belly

Posted August 16, 2000 - 02:29 PM

first change the fork oil from the standard oil that will solve a lot of your problems
i used a good quality 5w oil at 120 from the top of the fork also check for rust on damper
tube mine had it from new also what damper settings are you using interested in what you are using ? good luck

• James_Dean

Posted August 16, 2000 - 02:53 PM

The stiction is inherent to a degree. Make sure you don't overtighten the lower triple clamp as the inner fork bushing must slide through this area on inverted forks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.