New WR prices hitting rock bottom

4 replies to this topic
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted August 15, 2000 - 02:10 PM

I stopped in at my local Yamaha dealer today and about hit the floor when I saw the price reductions on 2000 model WR400's. They're down to $4998, which is about $1000 less than the MSRP that they were getting for them just a few months ago. I know when I bought mine in May I had to go to Canada to save $1000 because the local dealers weren't budging on price. Guess I could have just waited a little longer and bought locally.

• belly

Posted August 15, 2000 - 04:28 PM

arn't you glad you did the shopping round?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted August 15, 2000 - 05:29 PM

There is lots of competition with KTM, Suzuki, etc. and of course a new WR 426 right around the corner so dealers with WR 400's probably have to drop the price or get stuck with them.

Let see sitting on the floor a 01 WR 426 and a 00 WR 400 for $1500 less whats a person looking for a performance mid bore 4-stroke going to buy?? Probably a KTM 520 but you get the point new WR 400's are probably a little hard to move right now.

• Bill

Posted August 16, 2000 - 02:25 AM

Sometimes it seems if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. But last year (November) after deciding to get back to riding after a 20 year lay off. I researched the "modern" bikes and came up with buying the XR400 or WR400. I visisted the local dealer and rode the XR.........not enough power......rode the WR and had to have it. I asked the salesman the price and he said $4800. I almost soiled myself.

I left there with a new bike, all new riding gear and a White Bros header and silencer for the price of the standard retail bike.

As they say I'd rather be lucky than good any day.

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Tree_Crippler

Posted August 16, 2000 - 08:56 AM

I didn't do to bad. The price was $5295.00 and they gave me $2000.00 for my 92DR350S. I went to another shop the same day and they wanted the DR and $4800.00. Only $1500.00 more than I paid. I told them what a ripoff they were.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.