What can i use to plug up my tripmeter drive hole in my hub?

5 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted August 14, 2000 - 05:39 PM

i don't really want to buy a new spacer. i heard that you can buy cheap rubber plugs at a local hardwear store but i don't know what exactly to look for. i was also thinking of a long nut the right size that i could weld the end shut and just screw on to the mount. anybody have any better ideas?

• Clark_Mason

Posted August 14, 2000 - 05:43 PM

Whats wrong with a shot of silicone??

Clark

• belly

Posted August 14, 2000 - 07:22 PM

Originally posted by ray lebreton:
i don't really want to buy a new spacer. i heard that you can buy cheap rubber plugs at a local hardwear store but i don't know what exactly to look for. i was also thinking of a long nut the right size that i could weld the end shut and just screw on to the mount. anybody have any better ideas?

i used a rubber stopper like the ones you find on the bottom of chair legs but smaller
if you go to a large hardware you will find something to suit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sigster

Posted August 15, 2000 - 04:46 AM

Chewing gum?

• MikeH

Posted August 15, 2000 - 06:21 AM

www.fourstrokesonly.com sells plugs specifically for that application.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 15, 2000 - 06:23 AM

I use the cap from a tube of silicon. Cross threads right on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.