timing for my 2001 yzf426

1 reply to this topic
  • fastback959

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:59 PM

this is a new bike for me and i put a crank in it and forgot to look at the timing marks... i think?? on the intake, the cam marked "I" should point to the intake side of the eng. with one mark straight up, and on the exhaust it would be the "E" pointing to the exhaust side of the eng and the other mark pointing straight up.... but this is only a guess... if any one knows for sure it would help me a bunch thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted August 07, 2007 - 06:21 PM

Well you have the cams on the right side of the engine, I = intake, E = exhaust.
http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0 This is a link to a manual. You should be able to find the correct positioning in there.
Any questions just ask.
Good luck

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.