acerbis tank for xr650l

26 replies to this topic
  • Billscout

Posted March 07, 2008 - 01:35 AM

Buy the clark 4.7 tank, no problems at all.

Yeah, other than the fact you're losing 1.1 gallons of fuel. I had a friend help me put my Acerbis 5.8 gallon tank on and it was not as easy as I'd hoped but it is on now and it looks awesome! :thumbsup: I'll stick with my Acerbis. Thanks! :eek:

• Itchykawa

Posted March 07, 2008 - 01:21 PM

My friend's Acerbis has been installed for a week and a half and is now no problem to remove/replace by one person. It is tough the first time though. After that, no problems.

• Marauder

Posted March 08, 2008 - 08:56 AM

I make a 10.5 gal tank. Will that be enough fuel cap for ya? You strap it on your back, real comfortable, and light weight!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:01 AM

I make a 10.5 gal tank. Will that be enough fuel cap for ya? You strap it on your back, real comfortable, and light weight!

Does it come with electronic ignition?:thumbsup:

• Billscout

Posted March 08, 2008 - 11:32 PM

10 gallons is overkill but 5.8 keeps me pretty close to the same range my KLR650 which has a 6.1 gallon tank. If someone is using one of my bikes and I'm on the other, it's nice to not have one run out long before the other. Just sayin'.:thumbsup:

• gearloos

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:47 PM

I gotta think if you guys are hitting the turn signals it might be because the pins are holding the tank up...Or, you may just need to press it down/back more. Maybe I'm wrong on that but it's something to check. Mine really doesn't hit at all...
Now the only problem is I got it for fun on weekends but also cheap transportation to work. With gas at 3.70 a gallon in the peoples republic of Arnold that still comes out to $22 bucks to fill a dirt bike !!! Lookin like 30 or so by summer...

• Billscout

Posted March 10, 2008 - 05:59 AM

My signals still hit the tank even with the pins cut off. It's really not too bad though. I have almost full function of the handlebars but I can't turn them enough to lock the handlebars. Really close but not quite. :thumbsup: I'll have to play around with it to see if there's a way to get the bars to lock without much modification.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.