Maxima Octane Booster

3 replies to this topic
  • Tree_Crippler

Posted August 12, 2000 - 07:56 PM

Anyone use Maxima octane booster? Does it contain lead. The manual says to use 95 oct or better so what do you use?

• MotoGreg

Posted August 12, 2000 - 08:12 PM

If you notice, your manual has info for all coutries, not just USA. That 95 is equal to 92 on our octane measurement system.

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tree_Crippler

Posted August 13, 2000 - 04:20 AM

Oh I guess I was reading to fast its 95RON not 95octane. Still has anyone tried Maxima? I guess race gas is unnessisary.

• Gary_Kessler

Posted August 13, 2000 - 07:09 AM

I use it in all my bikes. In NM the best gas I've been able to find is 91 octane (Chevron). So I add about 1oz-2oz/gallon. Seems to work fine w/o any nasty side effects (yet).

Gary

------------------
'00 WR; YZ modified, DSP exhaust system, UNI air, Dunlop D756, ProTapers, Devo Rad Guards. . .and lovin' it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.