2007 Forks are they the same as the YZ's?

11 replies to this topic
  • Sycamore

Posted August 07, 2007 - 01:23 PM

I know the valving would be different and all, but are the 2007 WR's same fork as the YZ?

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 07, 2007 - 01:31 PM

I know the valving would be different and all, but are the 2007 WR's same fork as the YZ?

NO:foul: YZ's are truly twin chamber.....

• msgbean

Posted August 07, 2007 - 03:19 PM

Other than valving and larger size (48mm) they are the same a previous years in construction.

• Sycamore

Posted August 07, 2007 - 04:03 PM

NO:foul: YZ's are truly twin chamber.....

Wow how stupid is that...why not use the same as the YZ?

• RJB

Posted August 08, 2007 - 12:16 AM

Wow how stupid is that...why not use the same as the YZ?

Don't even get me started on this. I was sorely disappointed not having checked this before dropping my cash. A lot of smart engineering went into the YZ forks, but the WR stayed with the same old design :foul:

• WGP

Posted August 08, 2007 - 06:18 AM

According to "Greyracer" on the YZ forum the Wr forks are the YZ forks from the previous year....so 07 WR forks should be the twin chamber 06 YZ forks...
This has been Yamaha's progression on all year bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sycamore

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:20 AM

Don't even get me started on this. I was sorely disappointed not having checked this before dropping my cash. A lot of smart engineering went into the YZ forks, but the WR stayed with the same old design :foul:

Me too..I check on a LOT of stuff and didn't think about the forks:banghead: That said I still would have bought the WR.

Anywho, I called my NOST suspension guy and he has no data on the 07's and according to him if it's like last years model it's some kind of weird setup that he just doesn't get. I'll call MX-tech and see what up.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:26 AM

According to "Greyracer" on the YZ forum the Wr forks are the YZ forks from the previous year....so 07 WR forks should be the twin chamber 06 YZ forks...
This has been Yamaha's progression on all year bikes.

The internals of my 07' are just like my 04' only larger.... easy to work on and for me, an "A level" off road racer, they work fine once re-sprung and adjusted accordingly.... My son's YZ forks are twin chamber and do require more work (and frustration) when changing fluid and seals...:excuseme:

• Sycamore

Posted August 08, 2007 - 02:59 PM

The internals of my 07' are just like my 04' only larger.... easy to work on and for me, an "A level" off road racer, they work fine once re-sprung and adjusted accordingly.... My son's YZ forks are twin chamber and do require more work (and frustration) when changing fluid and seals...:excuseme:

Good to know..thanks.

• Sycamore

Posted August 08, 2007 - 06:35 PM

According to my MX-Tech guy the internals are different and yes kind of weird but the fork is very tune-able and can be made to work well.

I'm sticking with it.:thumbsup:

• RJB

Posted August 08, 2007 - 07:59 PM

According to my MX-Tech guy the internals are different and yes kind of weird but the fork is very tune-able and can be made to work well.

I'm sticking with it.:thumbsup:

I've got no choice other than to stick with them. They'll be in the shop for a revalve/spring the moment I get somewhere that can do it. Gues the alt. would be to simply buy the bits and do it myself, but I'm a complete suspension novice.

• SurvivorMan

Posted August 10, 2007 - 02:27 PM

what's wrong with the WR forks, they are fantastic. i had an 06 yz 450 and those were too stiff. even when revalved, they were sharp feeling on the small stuff. i like soft suspension though, it amazes me how this bike sticks to the trails. my energy lasts longer because i am not holding onto a jack hammer. sure, with soft suspension (when i say soft i mean valving and oil levels, not springs) you blow out a little in high speed corners and large sand whoops are no good, but i don't ride sand, i ride a lot of tight, choppy trails. i guess it all depends on what you ride.
the euros have the same type of forks in their enduro bikes. twin chamber moto forks can never get plush enough.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.