DSP Air Box Leaked

2 replies to this topic
  • Clark_Mason

Posted August 12, 2000 - 06:18 PM

I finally found why my carburetor keeped getting filled with dirt! I took my DSP CF air box off sealed the carburetor flange using the top from a small spray can and filled the part down stream from the filter with water held it upside down and watched. Sure enough water started coming throught The CF between the filter and the carburetor. This means I'v been scuking dirt into my carb and engine for the past year.

I totally coated the outside of the air box between the air filter and the carb boot with a thin layer of black Prmatex silicone and then glued the rubber carburetor attaching manifold onto the CF air box with 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive (I call this yellow stuff ElephantSnot--it sticks to everything). I reinstalled the DSP air box after letting evething dry for a couple of days and reinstalled it on my YZ 420. This was one month ago and after about 300 miles NO MORE DIRT IN MY CARBURETOR FIRST TIME IN THE LAST 15 MONTHS.

So all of you who are getting the DSP Complete CF air box keep an eye on how much dirt is getting into you carb. Maybe I had a defective box but its working now--so heads up to all of you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • imported_Scott_H

Posted August 12, 2000 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the post. I'll check mine before I install it. Should have it within a few weeks.

Hey Kevin in NH,
Did you ever order one of these?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 13, 2000 - 05:35 AM

Thaks for the info Clark!!!!!

Scott, my box is in. I told the shop to ship everything at once, my PB header, my SX-1 S/A and the box. Still waiting on the exhaust to come in from CA.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.