when fitting a flywheel wieght?

5 replies to this topic
  • Mark_UK

Posted March 01, 2002 - 09:43 AM

ok ive just fitted a 10oz terry cable flywheel wieght,,do i now need to grind the ends off the bolts?

• Scarylong

Posted March 01, 2002 - 12:15 PM

How much was the 10oz. and shouldn't you be down the pub?

oh yeah, do the bolts hit anything? if not I would think it is up to you if you want to grind them off.
But I have not done that mod.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted March 01, 2002 - 12:36 PM

Mark, what year is your bike? If it's a 2000 or newer model, and you used the 5mm case spacer that is included with the Terrycable kit, you don't need to grind anything. If it's on a 98/99 bike, I'm not sure if you have to grind anything. I would doubt it. A quick call to Terrycable would confirm this (800)854-4691.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RIDEPATE

Posted March 01, 2002 - 04:38 PM

i've got a 98 and yes you do have to grid the heads off.......

• streamdream

Posted March 02, 2002 - 08:28 AM

I've got my WR98 in to the Yamaha dealer right now getting the 12 0z. Terrycable installed. I was provided with a blue spacer that I was told will do the trick on providing enough headspace. I'll let you know.

• Mark_UK

Posted March 02, 2002 - 09:39 PM

the flywheel wieght was £95
ive had it a while but resisted installing it as a friend has a yz400 with a 10oz on it,, and the power delivery felt very tame,
ive done a number of enduros without the flywheel wieght, but eventually the stalling got to me, and yesterday i slaped the ty wieght on
the power delivery seems just the same and i rode it on tickover in first gear whilst trailing the back brake,,and still it ressisted stalling
also put on a clark tank,
im gonna keep this bike one more season then see whats new and exciting.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.