PC Racing Pro-Seal

4 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 11, 2000 - 09:18 PM

Anybody using one of these 'gaskets' instead of grease for the air filter seal? Happy with it? Any problems? I'm getting sick & tired of making a complete mess out of my airbox trying to get the darn filter in place.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 11, 2000 - 12:24 PM

I heard the DSP airbox ($420-$500) is larger than OEM. Wouldn't this be the SMART choice to reduce those tough to reach areas?
Hey, you gotta have a reason...right??

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted August 11, 2000 - 12:59 PM

Hey Brian! I sent you an e-mail to your address: brian.d.meadows@gte.net. Check it out and reply to my home thumpertalk@Thumpertalk.com e-mail address.

(It has nothing to do with this post)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 11, 2000 - 02:39 PM

I just sucked up the cost of the Scott's dampener & +1.5" Thumper risers. Next on the list MIGHT be the FMF Power Bomb & Stroker SX-1 SA - it'll be a while. I don't have any plans for changing the airbox.

I've found that, for me at least, operator ability lags far behind bike (or insert other mechanical object - mtn bike, gun, jet ski etc) and dumping lots of money into the bike doesn't solve my problems. Only two things will solve my problems - lots more riding and exercise.

• MotoGreg

Posted August 11, 2000 - 04:11 PM

I have one. It works great, just like advertised. Just be sure to get some brake cleaner to completely degrease the area of the airbox where you need to stick it to first.

MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.