KDX200 Fixed now hard to start!

1 reply to this topic
  • Houdini

Posted August 07, 2007 - 03:57 AM

I have an 84 KDX200 that ran like a champ until I "fixed" it. It used to always start on the 2nd or 3rd kick, but it always leaked fuel when shut off. So I replaced the float valve which fixed the leak. Now if cold it can take more than 40 kicks to get it going and I usually have to swap out the plug, when it starts it runs great and restarts with no problem. Any idea what it might be, could it be as simple as a bent float arm. I finally got the wife to play in the dirt with her own bike, and now here I sit sidelined :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailnewcomr

Posted August 07, 2007 - 04:58 AM

now, unfortunately i dont have an answer but another question, when i have my gas off and put my bike on the kick stand if it is on any slope at all the wrong way then gas leaks out, is my float valve to blame or something else in my carb? Also, is it a hard job to do, i'm not the most experienced with carbs yet

Related Content

Forums
Photo

01 KX-125 has no power! HELPPP by crhyne1994

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 12 replies
Forums
Photo

1998Kx250 or 2002 Kx250. Which is the better bike? by Mudlauncher

• Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Help, what year model is this? KX125 by Rinox88

• 14 replies
Forums
Photo

Sweet KX by nicko-31

• Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

2006 kx100 wont hit powerband by kxkid110

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.