Getting a new WR4

3 replies to this topic
  • Zach

Posted August 05, 2000 - 02:54 AM

Hello to everyone in this forum.

I'm thinking of purchasing a Y2K WR400 and I have the following query:

I'm from Singapore and there are not many WR4 owners, it seems that XR4 is a more popular choice among Singaporeans, as it's easier to maintain. Is the WR4 easy to maintain, what are the main problems that WR4 owners face?

Parts for WR4 is also not readily available here.

Please give me your advice, thankz!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 05, 2000 - 10:35 AM

I cant think of a single thing that has been hard to maintain on my 99.

The only thing Ive had to battle was the fork seals. But now that I learned how to put them in right they havent leaked for 4-5 months.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andy_Baker

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:01 PM

Hi Zach
I have owned dirt bikes for 25 years ( since I was 6 )
I have had trials bikes , Motocross bikes ( KTM 500 , maico 490 , YZ 250 , and also a couple of road bikes - GSXR1100 & GSXF 1100 , oh and a CRM 250 AR )
Anyway , I now own a '00 WR400 and all I do is change the oil every 400/500 km , the oil filter every other oil change , and clean the air filter when needed. I have had no problems at all , and the bike is truly superb.
There is really no comparison between the WR400 and XR400 in terms of performance and quality of parts ( suspension etc ) the WR is far superior. I use mine on road and off road , and have more fun on it than any other bike I have owned - go for it , get it ordered !!

Andy

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 09, 2000 - 10:37 PM

WHEN YOU NEED PARTS CALL ME. I HAVE ANYTHING
YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR BIKE.818-782-4600 ASK
FOR MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.