XR650L-4 Days, 1137 miles

5 replies to this topic
  • xrlke

Posted August 06, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Just got back today from a trip to lexington ohio to see the superbike races. We stayed in columbus and rode about 130 mile round trip sat and sun. The race was canceled sun due to the rain. My buddies talked me into riding out there with them from here in Illinois, as they each rode crotch rockets. I stayed behind and followed them the whole way, at about 70-85 mph, and the XRL didn't give me any problems. The 15-40 gearing, road tires, oil cooler, and standard carb mods all made the trip better. Sore butt is the only problem, especially after about a 430 mile ride fri to columbus and then back home today.

Long live the XRL, as mine bought in Feb 06 now has 11,039 miles:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:46 PM

nice ! put that pig through 'er paces! i have only done 600 miles in 4 days on mine. with full wolfman bags , tent , chair , s.bag, cooler , fishing rod, tackle box, and my 230 pounds! good ride though, surprisingly enough they make a decent sport touring bike!:ride:

• Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:07 AM

nice ! put that pig through 'er paces! i have only done 600 miles in 4 days on mine. with full wolfman bags , tent , chair , s.bag, cooler , fishing rod, tackle box, and my 230 pounds! good ride though, surprisingly enough they make a decent sport touring bike!:ride:

You'll need a trailer soon !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:11 AM

Just got back today from a trip to lexington ohio to see the superbike races. We stayed in columbus and rode about 130 mile round trip sat and sun. The race was canceled sun due to the rain. My buddies talked me into riding out there with them from here in Illinois, as they each rode crotch rockets. I stayed behind and followed them the whole way, at about 70-85 mph, and the XRL didn't give me any problems. The 15-40 gearing, road tires, oil cooler, and standard carb mods all made the trip better. Sore butt is the only problem, especially after about a 430 mile ride fri to columbus and then back home today.

Long live the XRL, as mine bought in Feb 06 now has 11,039 miles:ride:

Oil cooler .........what kind, from an XR 400 or what?

What kind of milage are you getting ? I'm at 52-55 with 15/42 gearing, taken it easy of course.

Great trip you had there ! :thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:31 AM

thats alot of miles specially trying to stay with the sport bikes ill bet they werent as comfy as you were LOL sounds like a good trip. i thought about trying to go to the MotoGP in Laguna Seca this past month but it didnt work out with the friends so have to shoot for next year.

• MartinDKtm

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:55 AM

This year I took my part of my 3 week vacation with my wife and we did some touring. Me on the Xrl And my wife on her 640lc4. We rode 4038 miles taking small country road only. We crossed in the U.S. in maine and got thru New Hampshire, vermont, New-york, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West-virginia, Virginia, Maryland, and got back home thru some of those states. We where doing around 3-400 miles a day. The Xrl did great beside drinking 3 quart of oil thru the trip. After a few days you do get used to butt pain...I had added only road tires and a windshield to the bike for the trip. We where doing camping only.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.