WR Flywheel weight for sale

4 replies to this topic
  • MotoGreg

Posted August 08, 2000 - 10:42 PM

Anyone interested in a Terrycable 10oz. flywheel weight? I think it was $150 new, I'll sell it for $50 plus shipping. It comes with a machined billet spacer that goes between the ignition case cover and the engine case to space the cover out about 4mm for clearance.

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS INSIDE

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 09, 2000 - 01:30 AM

Greg,
Do you own a YZ or WR? The reason I ask is I checked on a flywheel weight for my WR from Terrycable. They informed me it would not fit a WR, only the YZF...???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_C

Posted August 09, 2000 - 07:23 AM

Motogreg: Where were you about two weeks ago when I was looking for a flywheel weight? I ended up paying the 150 (less a 15% discount) from a local dealer who ordered it through White Bro's. Have you tried it on your bike? If so what was your impression?
Kevin: I'm not sure who you spoke with at Terrycable but they were misinformed. Terrycable sells a set of 3 flywheel weights for the YZF for the same price that they sell one flywheel weight for the WR. I believe the reason is that the WR requires the outer case spacer that Motogreg mentions. I called Steahly (sp?) to see if they offered weights for the WR and they offered to sell me one of Terrycables setups. The YZF and WR flywheel weights are not interchangeable. BTW Terrycable sells a 10 oz. and 12 oz. weight for the WR.

• MotoGreg

Posted August 09, 2000 - 08:11 AM

Chris is right on the money about this

Terrycable sells a set of 3 flywheel weights for the YZF for the same price that they sell one flywheel weight for the WR. I believe the reason is that the WR requires the outer case spacer that Motogreg mentions. I called Steahly (sp?) to see if they offered weights for the WR and they offered to sell me one of Terrycables setups. The YZF and WR flywheel weights are not interchangeable. BTW Terrycable sells a 10 oz. and 12 oz. weight for the WR

I have the one for the WR, it will not fit the YZ flywheel. I used to ride offroad every weekend and it helped a lot getting up tricky/loose hills. Now I ride mostly MX and I don't need it anymore.

------------------
MotoGreg - The voice of absurdity
'99 WR400 - 'Cause thumpers rule and two-strokes drool!
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I wanna get a dope 916)
I might let you visit my photo album for $3 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - DANGER LURKS WITHIN

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted August 09, 2000 - 12:51 PM

Greg,
Are any parts missing? If not I'll take it.

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.